Due to continual expansion plans Discount Tire Hawaii is looking for a strong and proven Full Time Store Manager to join our rapidly growing team! This role is to control costs, managing profitability, training and developing the team of employees, maintaining the appearance of the facilities and ensuring proper operational procedures are followed. You will handle customer complaint resolution, daily customer interaction, coaching, directing the team, and executing at 100% of the service standard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all aspects of store operations including but not limited to shop, sales, office, and management.
- Promote sales through explaining benefits of service and products to customers.
- Perform all necessary sales duties per company policy and procedure; including, but not limited to proper pricing, knowledge and implementation of promotions and sales, suggestive selling, proper vendor check-in, stocking merchandise.
- Responsible for staffing the store with adequate personnel, implementing training programs, and execution of all company programs, policies, and procedures.
- Recommends the employment, discipline, wage adjustments, and termination of store personnel and conducts performance evaluations of all store employees within the store.
- Provides guidance to staff in the resolution of difficult questions or customer concerns.
- Conducts weekly store meetings to review safety issues, store policies, procedures, and product information changes as required.
- Sets goals and strategies to ensure the successful accomplishment of budgeted sales goals, gross profit percentages, expense control, and payroll objectives.
- Monitors employee productivity in accordance to established policy.
- Responsible for maintaining all accounts receivable and the collections of past due accounts when necessary.
- Responsible for proper documentation, filing, and payments of accounts payable to ensure proper tracking and maximum discounts.
- Ensures prompt and consistent opening and closing of location based on store hours of operation.
- Responsible for the processing of all adjustments.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store operations.
- Ensure proper work schedule is followed, and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
- Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep supervisor informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention.
- Properly train new employees and develop the skills of the team.
- Safely operate customer vehicles with automatic and manual transmissions.
- Clean facilities, tools and equipment; and stock shelves.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
- Three years of experience in the retail or sales industry preferred
- One year of sales or automotive shop environment experience required
- Ability to stand 100% of the time during work shift.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record preferred.
- Must be able to safely operate automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
- Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 75 pounds.
- Job requires contact with hazardous materials, driving and working in adverse weather conditions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Sales Abilities
- Ability to follow all safety requirements
- Prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently; manage multiple tasks and projects
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality work